Monday, February 13, 2012

Dia 25

Buenos Dias!

Today was quite exciting actually! I woke up at about 5am to something I'd never experienced before...an earthquake. I remember waking up to my bed shaking and being wide awake immediately. I was surprised how quickly I figured out was going on. No one was shaking my bed, so it had to be an earthquake. It stopped as quickly as it had begun so I fell right back to sleep. Don't worry! It was what they called a temblor which pretty much means a baby earthquake. My family wasn't concerned as it's something they're used to. It was cool feeling something I'd only read about in books. The quake was a 5.8 I think and hit off the southwest coast near where I was last weekend! Crazy timing, huh?

Today when I got home from school, I decided to pull another prank since I was avoiding my homework and that seemed to be the second best way to spend my time. My sister got some toothpaste and I opened up my pack of Oreos I had bought specifically for this purpose. We proceeded to scrap the filling out and add Colgate toothpaste in the middle. I walked into my brother's room where he was playing videogames with a mutual friend of ours. I played it cool and asked how they were and what they were up to. My brother proceeded to reach for my Oreos, I didn't even have to try!! He grabbed one and so did our friend and after he shoves the whole thing in his mouth my brother goes, "Huh, minty!". Our friend started eating it too, all the while I was choking back laughter and finally our friend goes, "Ahhh, she pulled a joke!!" and spit out the Oreo. My brother didn't seeem to mind at all and kept eating it-maybe he was playing it cool, who knows. It was an awesome prank-I can't take credit as one of my friends back home told me about it but I can take credit for excellent execution! Overall, it was a good day. No pictures today, sorry!

Hasta Luego!

Love, Kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment