Sunday, February 12, 2012

Dia 24

Hola a todos!

It's been awhile! I think I will be blogging a lot less frequently as it's getting really busy here, but I'll try to write at least twice a week.

Wednesday-nothing too exciting happened. Two of my group members and I took the bus to Heredia for our 3 hour break before Spanish class. We walked around the fancy mall for a few hours-I didn't buy anything because of how expensive the clothes were. You'd think they would be cheaper here but clothes in Costa Rica tend to cost more.

Thursday- After school the entire group and program coordinator went to downtown San Jose on a private bus for the night. We went to a Latin American Dance Club called Castros- it was so much fun! I spent the night dancing away practicing my newly acquired dance skills.

Friday-I went to a place called Pizza Lissa in San Josecito with my sister and a few friends for dinner. I got a HUGE calzone for a little over $3. An awesome deal and it satisfied my intense craving for pizza. I tend to have cravings for pizza, pasta, and mac n cheese on a daily basis. Once I get back to the states I'm going to go straight to the grocery store and buy 2 boxes of Kraft-spirals and shapes, and a box of Velveeta shells and eat them all. I cannot wait. After dinner I had an abnormal about of energy-everyone else was tired and wanted to go to bed but I was not having that. I went to La Pista with some local friends and hung out with them for the night and had a good time.

Saturday-I woke up early and headed out to Heredia for a day of shopping with a few friends. I came home with a cute black dress, red belt, warrior sandals and some presents ;) It was a successful trip. The black dress was a bit of a splurge but I knew I had to have it-I saw it on a manican and walked out when I saw the price but then I couldn't stop thinking about it and once I went back and tried it on, I was sold. It makes me feel so pretty and I feel happy in it so I think that justifies spending the money! Saturday night a bunch of us in the group went to a place called La Finca (the farm). It's a piece of land that one of the program family owns and keeps cows on. We spent the night there in the mountains enjoying the view and a bonfire (with hotdogs and marshmallows-yes!)

Today I rested up and went to a local friend's house to watch an important soccer game. We ended up pranking one of the guys from my program by changing all our facebook profile pictures to a close up of him-he figured it out after a while but I had a blast pranking him. I'm sure one of these days I'm going to get pounded with pranks as I keep pulling them on others. Still worth the laughs! :)





This week is a four day week and then we're off to Montezuma to spend the three day weekend there. So excited!

Love, Kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment