Friday, January 27, 2012

Dia 8

Hola!

This will most likely be one of the shortest posts-sorry in advance! I'm falling asleep as I'm writing this. Today my school group went to the capital San Jose. We separated and my group was in charge of getting tickets for everyone at the bus stop for tomorrow-we're going to a beach called Jaco (accent on the 'o') pronounced ha-co. Of course, we got hopelessly lost. I was asking all the ticos, where's the bus station? Where's the plaza? Luckily we found a parking attendant that let us use his cell phone (public phones are so complicated to use) and we got a hold of a staff member that found us and got us back to San Isidro. My first frustrating Costa Rican adventure!

We got back home safe and sound. I hung out with my family and we all shared music with each other. My papa played music that reminded me of doing the twist so I started dancing around the kitchen-they all got a kick out of that. Tomorrow a group of us students and a few tico family members and friends are going to a beach-about a 2.5 hour bus ride away for the day. I won't have internet access until Sunday night or Monday morning so sorry-no posts until then. I'll write in my travel journal that my Mom back in the States gave me.

Buenas Noches!

Love, Kristin

The post office in San Jose.

No comments:

Post a Comment