Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Dia 5


Hola a todos!

I keep saying I’ll be keeping these short, and never do but today’s post actually will be short. Reason being nothing too exciting happened today and again, I’m tired!

I woke this morning to a cup of hot Costa Rican coffee (yes, I drink coffee now but only with a crap-ton of sugar in it) and a ham and butter sandwich. An interesting option but whatever! I walked to school today, all by myself (don’t worry it was almost 10am so I was completely fine). I walked up hills, then down hills, up hills, then down hills and repeat for 30 minutes. I got to school a minute or two late but wasn’t in any trouble.
My first class this semester is Spanish 405-an upper division Spanish course titled, “Advanced Conversation”. Intimidating, right? I thought so too since we almost never converse in class in the states but after going to class I actually think I’m going to enjoy going to school! My professor, Dionisio, is really funny and understanding. I think I will learn a lot.

After Spanish class and a cultural seminar (surprisingly boring) a group of us went to a heladería (ice cream parlor) where I got myself some ice cream and fresh pineapple for 650 colónes which is about $1.20. SO GOOD! Afterwards, the group of about 10 girls and 2 guys from our program went to dance class. We learned Kumbia and Merengue-I think I like Merengue better because it includes fancy turns and such which makes me feel like a pro. I left the dance place an hour later sweating like crazy! It was hot even with the door open. 

We walked back together as a group and split off our own ways to get home. I ate dinner with my family and did all the dishes then watched a Costa Rican T.V. show kind of like fear factor but in teams, not for money, and not scary things. I watched my papa play with Luna, the mini Doberman (size of a Chihuahua). If he put his hand anywhere near my host mom she would freak out, trying to protect her. It was really cute because she’s so tiny and quick. She was wagging her little nonexistent tail the whole time.

And now, off to bed. Sorry this post isn’t quite so interesting, I’m pooped today! Too much sun, maybe?

Love, 
Kristin


1 comment:

  1. I LOVE Merengue its one of my favorite Latin dances :) so glad you are enjoying your time!

    ReplyDelete