Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Dia 6

Hola otra vez!

Today started off just like the others- a cup of coffee and breakfast. I had buttered toast which hit the spot! After chatting with my mama for a while I realized I was late to meet the group of UWEC students to walk together to school so ran out the door. Sure enough, they weren’t there so I ran to catch up-talk about a good morning workout. These hills are worse than Eau Claire’s famous hill.

School was the same old, same old. We did, however take a bus trip to the city of Heredia. Not my most favorite place in the world with lines of traffic, people smoking, and car exhaust puffing in my face. It did have a ton of awesome little stores and other really cool cultural sites. We stopped at this ice cream place called POPS-good decision. I had the BEST ice cream EVER! It was called Banana Hawaiian and had 4 types of ice cream and fresh fruit. Delightful.

We took the bus back to the school where we proceeded to again, walk home together. We stopped at a bar/restaurant called La Pista to sip a drink on the balcony and people watch. I had this fruit juice that was actually pretty good! Too bad it was from Florida. Afterwards I headed home and played Wii with my sister and kicked her butt in archery and disc golf, although she beat me in ping pong. Ping pong just isn’t my game!

So here I am, back in my normal spot writing my normal old blog. It seems I’ve gotten into a routine here already. It’s crazy how quickly I’ve adjusted. It’s only day 6 and I feel very comfortable with my family, cracking jokes and hanging out. My Spanish is improving to the point where my English sometimes suffers when I use it! I do, however, really miss you all back home. Once I got home from school today, it really hit me that it’s going to be a few months before I see any of you. I’m excited for the time I have here, but know that I think of you all each and every day.

Much love,
Kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment